So, instead of sleeping or doing any one of a half dozen other things I desperately need to be doing right now (or starting any of the shows I've promised people I would watch in the coming months), I thought now was a good time to start Batman: The Animated Series. I'M JUST IN A BATMAN MOOD, OKAY?
1) Wait...is that Jeff Bennett? Is the first voice you hear in Batman: TAS actually Jeff Bennett??
1a) Why does this surprise me so much? I think it was actually mentioned in his Talkin' Toons episode that he was on this show.
1b) The airship-rising-above-the-clouds thing was already gonna make me think of Gargoyles, but having him in the cockpit DEFINITELY doesn't help.
1c) Is that other cop Frank Welker? Am I totally pathetic?
1d) Rene Auberjonois! Hi, Odo!
2) Aw, I kind of love you, security guard who is about to have a very rough night.
3) Oh, that Batman voice is SO WEIRD. It's almost what I'm used to, but still SO VERY FAR OFF.
3a) Similarly, throwing a batarang instead of shooting a grappling hook is freakin' bizarre.
3b) And a broad-shouldered Gordon, after Gary Oldman's cheeseburger-deprived portrayal, is just unsettling.
4) Misdirects work so much better when you haven't seen the same story told two or three different ways before.
5) Langstrom looks like the lovechild of Halcyon Renard and Preston Vogel (you're welcome).
BONUS THOUGHT) There is something very Looney Tunes feeling about it somehow, and I think a lot of the reason I feel that way is because the music is so orchestral. It almost makes it feel like one of the shorts Eric was talking about in "This Little Piggy."
- Current Location:the Robincave
- Current Mood: exhausted
- Current Music:sleet on my windows (again) (I hate this state) (this year is the worst, weather-wise)